There are many recreational drugs known to people, and one of the more prominent examples is magic mushrooms, more commonly known as simply shrooms. People use these for various purposes, usually for recreation, though occasionally for spiritual purposes. There are different medicinal uses for magic mushrooms, though these are not as common as people’s recreational use.
However, a question that often comes up is whether you can overdose on it, like any other drug. It doesn’t seem possible, as it seems like a substance that is not capable of causing such dangerous effects. After all, there are a lot of other recreational drugs where you can overdose, but the effects of mushrooms are much milder, even if they are still potent.
This article will discuss everything there is to know about shrooms. Read on below to get started.
Can you Overdose on Shrooms?
The short answer is: yes, you can overdose on shrooms. When shrooms are used recreationally, there is always the potential risk of overdose. While you may think that these are not that powerful, they can be especially dangerous if they’ve been mixed with other drugs or substances, common among drug users. Mixing magic mushrooms with other drugs can lead to even further complications and dangerous effects.
The effects of overdose are generally similar to the ones mentioned above. However, there are chances of more serious complications, leading to issues such as vomiting, fever, chills, and more. In some cases, the mood swings and psychotic effects can be so severe that they can lead to a person harming themselves.
How to Tell if You’ve Had Too Much Shrooms
It can be difficult to determine if you’ve had too much of these mushrooms, as different people react differently to them. It’s possible to overdose on magic mushrooms, even if you’re taking them for medicinal purposes.
If you’re someone who’s having health problems such as organ failure or a heart condition, you should avoid using magic mushrooms altogether, as it can worsen your condition, leading to more severe health problems.
To see if you’ve had too many shrooms, it’s essential to look out for the following signs and symptoms:
- High body temperature; sweating
- Visual impairment
- Dry throat
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle spasms
- Chest pain
As said above, magic mushrooms have to be taken with psilocybin to have any effect whatsoever. The dosage of these mushrooms is measured in milligrams. One can have 300mg of psilocybin per one gram of magic mushrooms.
Since psilocybin is a psychedelic drug, the appropriate dose can differ from person to person, depending on weight, body mass, and tolerance to psilocybin. It’s also important to note that magic mushrooms can be dangerous if you are taking them with other drugs.
The dosage of magic mushrooms also depends on what type of psilocybin is in them. Too much psilocybin can lead to more severe side effects, as well as overdose.
The effects of magic mushrooms can last anywhere between 4 to 8 hours, and it’s usually after six hours that the effects of the substance begin to wear off. During that time, however, the effects can be strong enough to keep you incapacitated for longer, depending on the dosage and how you react to it.
When consuming magic mushrooms recreationally, you’re likely to take a dose of psilocybin as well, as you need to for it to work. If you’re tolerant to magic mushrooms, then you’re also likely to develop a tolerance for the psilocybin in them as well, which can leave you with addiction.
If you’re addicted to psilocybin, you’ll need to take a large amount of it, increasing the chance of overdose and developing other adverse effects and complications.
But even if you’re not taking them recreationally, it’s still possible to overdose on magic mushrooms. If you’re someone who consumes psilocybin urgently, then it’s possible to overdose on them. This is why it’s essential to keep an eye on your dosage, as it’s possible to get an overdose, even if you’re taking magic mushrooms for medicinal purposes.
The chances of psilocybin overdose are higher among people who use it for recreational purposes. It’s not just the dosage, as people can also overdose on magic mushrooms if they’re taking drugs or substances that they shouldn’t or mixing them with other drugs.
How to Avoid Overdosing on Shrooms
The best way to avoid poisoning yourself with magic mushrooms is to use them in moderation. If you stick to the recommended doses and follow the instructions, it’s possible to prevent the harmful effects of these mushrooms. Even if you’re taking them for medicinal purposes, it’s still important to stick to the proper dosage, as magic mushrooms are potent substances, and you don’t want to overdose.
If you don’t know how much dosage to take, you should avoid using magic mushrooms altogether, as it’s too risky. If you’re taking these for medicinal purposes, you should talk to your doctor about the proper dosage, as they will be able to help you with this and provide you with suggestions on where to buy them.
More about Shrooms
shrooms are also known as psychedelic mushrooms. They’re part of the fungi family and have an active ingredient known as psilocybin. While magic mushrooms can be grown in a lab and then used for various purposes, the natural form of these mushrooms is generally what’s used.
shrooms can be found in many different places and are a fungus, which means they grow and expand on their own, and humans do not raise them. They’re prevalent worldwide and can be found in many different places.
The Different Types of shrooms
There are many different types of magic mushrooms, and they come in different colors, sizes, and potency. Some of the most popular varieties are:
- P. Mexicana (Psilocybe Mexicana)
This variety is the most common of all the different shroom varieties. It’s also the most potent and the most active of them. It’s commonly used because it’s easier to find in the wild than many other types of shrooms, and it’s small enough to be consumed quickly.
- Mexican Mushrooms
Mexican mushrooms are a little bit different in appearance from other shrooms. They look like a red and white coral with a growing bulb at the top. Like most of the other shrooms, these are also very potent and used for recreational use.
- Psilocybe Cubensis
This variety is one of the most popular types of shrooms. They’re a very common type of shroom and can be found in various places. These are usually dried and packaged when harvested and used for medicinal and recreational purposes.
- Golden Teachers
These are some of the most potent of the different varieties of shrooms. They are the most popular fungus for their medicinal and recreational uses. These shrooms are typically sold in pill form to make it easier to take and prevent people from having to eat them, as they can be very potent.
What Shrooms Can Do
The effects of magic mushrooms are easy to see, though they can differ depending on the type of dosage you’re taking and how often you’re taking it. The most commonly known effects of magic mushrooms include:
- Increased energy levels
- Increased sense of euphoria
Along with these effects, there’s also a tendency towards auditory and visual impairment, which is why you’re not advised to drive or operate heavy machinery. Some symptoms that sometimes develop include elevated blood pressure, increased heart rate, excessive sweating, etc.
People use shrooms recreationally to get high or have fun, though some people also use these for spiritual or medicinal purposes. Magic mushrooms have been used for a long time and have led to some spiritual experiences, such as those of the Mazatec, a Native culture.
The Dangers of Shrooms
Although there are a lot of attractive effects associated with magic mushrooms, there are also some dangers associated with them. Overdosing on magic mushrooms can lead to a lot of issues, including:
- Fever, sweating, and chills
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Severe mood swings
- Decreased blood flow to the heart
- Severe anxiety
- Psychotic episodes
In some cases, these symptoms can be severe enough to result in death.
Treating Shroom Addiction
If you have an addiction to magic mushrooms, you’ll need to go to treatment. The best treatment plan will differ depending on your addiction, where you live, and your other issues. If you’re using magic mushrooms for medicinal purposes, the treatment could be different from if you’re using them for recreational purposes.
But regardless of why you’re using magic mushrooms, you’ll need to be in treatment, even if you’ve only used them once or a few times. Overdosing on these is still possible, even if it’s your first time using them, as they are potent substances.
Treatment for magic mushrooms is often a combination of different therapies, as well as medication if it’s necessary. The purpose of treatment is to help you go through withdrawals and prevent you from relapsing.
Overdosing on magic mushrooms is possible and can happen if you’re not careful. It’s essential to make sure that you’re sticking to the proper dosage of these mushrooms, as they are powerful substances, and even if you’re using them for medicinal purposes, they can still cause you harm if you’re not using them correctly.